Monday, September 22, 2008

I ponder...


So they may not let people live in Galveston anymore. How do you feel about that? Are we one more large hurricane from shutting down New Orleans as well? Isn't there a certain kind of risk that one takes when living below sea level near the ... sea? How about those 2,000 individuals who ignored evacuation orders when Ike was on the way and then had to be rescued? I am sure we all know Darwin's opinion of that. Is it the right opinion? I don't know. I am all for moving Mardi Gras to a higher elevation, I don't care for the water anyway. I prefer to watch it from a sandy shoreline while a smiling server brings me frozen umbrella drinks, though I am partial to Red Stripe.


Here's to the top shelf...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Red Stripe, mon. I'm down with that. As for the idiots in Galveston, they will probably try suing somebody because the threw their back out when getting lifted by the rescue choppers. America will always have people taking advantage of the system whether its welfare recipients or wall street profiteers, but America is a lot like the Lord, the country has heart and empathy. We'll make a war hard to win by protecting the innocent, we'll house the poor regardless of if they try to get a job, ever. And we would never make a Banking CEO try to live on less than 10 million a year.