Saturday, November 15, 2008

Car Makers, Taxes, and I should be King...

Chrysler wants a piece of the bailout (who can blame them, I want a piece too), except they want to use their piece to pay some of their top execs $30 Million bonuses. Nice. I would just like to use my part of the bailout (which will never actually make it to me, the common man) to pay my mortgage, buy a flat screen (do they make them 120"?) and travel the world snowboarding; you know, just the every day necessities that we all require.

Starbucks' revenue is down, and you know the economy is suffering when people are refusing to purchase a $13 cup of coffee from a pumpkin-pie haircutted freak with every part of their face pierced who insists on giving you the evil eye because you drive an SUV. I am actively looking for ways to increase my carbon footprint now...

I have an idea for taxes. If you did not vote for the President that raises them, you should not be liable (o yeah, that's a law school word) for the increase(s). The qualifying factor: you have to vote, if you did not vote you don't get any of the (hypothetical) perks.

Next election, I am going to run for King/Supreme Dictator. Can I count on your vote? My campaign promise: no campaign promises.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Several brilliant minds in Washington, cheered on by some Wall Street Tycoons, decided several years back that Financial Institutions should be able to loan out $40 to every $1 they actually had. The USA has been living on money that doesn't exist. All those lattes and SUVs were bought on credit. Now its time to pay the piper, and there's no money to do it. So in comes the gov't. Instead of bailouts, why not commission the building of mass transit, or commision some off-shore drilling, or build some wind farms, or build some schools. we'll run the debt up sure, but at least this way people get paid to work and we're left with some cool shat. Bailouts, pad the pockets of rich people.