Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Gas is Cheaper in Mexico


Today I read an article regarding gas prices (I know, no one really cares), and there are many Americans living in border states that are taking advantage of our neighbors to the South. That's right, gas is approx. $2.50 per gallon (2.19 for diesel) in Mexico. I would probably consider moving to Mexico, after all I like the beach, chimichangas and margaritas and now cheap(er) gas for my ride? Jorge!! Yo Soy Tu Papa!!! Unfortunately I cannot afford enough gas to get there from here. Time to get out the old Schwinn and head for the border. OR (wait for it) we could start supporting Rep. Randy Forbes!!! This Virginian is calling for a higher rating for auto efficiency, more involvement with nuclear, solar and bio fuel power, and putting together a massive cash award for whoever comes up with the best mainstream alternative to oil. If only I were smart, but let's face it, I blew up more equipment in the lab than a chemistry major should have. So it's up to you, genius-make-a-car-that-runs-on-beer-guy. Two more random thoughts: My back is feeling better today, thank you for asking, and 92% of Americans surveyed about religion believe in God, but the majority of them also believe there is an alternative to their faith as a means of getting to heaven. Such clarity.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mexico.... no way! I live in the 'best greatest country that God has given man on the face of the earth. and since this is true all americans will go to heaven! i bet those 80's and 90's politicians sure feel stupid. there were more than a couple of people begging the government to mandate some alt energy development back then. it's like comedy hearing those same short sided politicians get behind alt energy now. oh hell, let's just drill and give tax breaks to hummer owners and enjoy the la style sun set nation wide.