Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Exercise, Getting Fatter, How Did This Happen?

It is now clear that my body hates me. I used to be an athlete, now I get winded just thinking about sports. I am able to watch a complete NBA game (with a little HGH and Red Bull), and that is something to be proud of. I have started exercising 20 times in the past 5 years. Maybe I am struggling with commitment (No, it would have to be sweating that I struggle with). I play basketball once per week in a "lightly-competitive" league, and it takes the remaining 6 days of the week for my bones to knit and my muscles to start responding (just in time for the next round of hoops). How does this happen? Here is another interesting development: No matter how many times I start exercising, my weight only goes up. I keep telling myself that "muscle weighs more than fat," and when I said it out loud the other day, the scale started laughing at me. The afore mentioned scale is now in pieces in my driveway. Who's laughing now?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If its weight you desire to lose rider, then I will tell you honesty to up the fiber intake. An old Chinese proverb says, 'if you are not producing, you are inducing.' your quest to drop lbs. is a good one. when you weigh less, you live longer, have better joints, better circulation and can recover quicker (that's what's she said).