Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Class

Well, I just completed my first class at law school, and I am still breathing (a good sign). It was a Legal Writing class and it looks like my hand may fall off. My pre-class assignment was the first 2 chapters from (one of) the book(s) and reading 4 additional cases. That resulted in 9+ pages of notes, a migraine and a carpal cramp. All in all, a good afternoon at the library. Now all I have to do is re-read the 2 chapters (want to make sure I understand all the gibberish), complete the exercises from the book and brief the 4 cases. Did I mention this is just orientation week? Yeah for law school.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think everybody that saw a Few Good Men, or read a John Grisham novel contimplates going to Law School. To me its seems daunting and hugely challenging and I'm curious how long I could last. I have a feeling it will be like running a marathon. The idea seems nice, but few people can actually complete it, but when you do you have this amazing sense of accomplishment. With the marathon you walk away with dehydration and tendonitis. Law school you walk away with mountains of debt and to a job that will give you more hours of work. Best of luck.

Rider159 said...

Thank God for scholarships and great paying job opportunities.